Welcome to The Joint – Albuquerque, North Towne! As your local chiropractor in Albuquerque, NM, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Albuquerque chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Health Alvidrez, DC
Dr. Heath Alvidrez, with a caring and compassionate personality and a passion to help people, decided at an early age to pursue a career in health care. While attending New Mexico Military Institute, and later the University of New Mexico, Dr. Heath had the opportunity to learn firsthand from local Chiropractors what the true benefits of Chiropractic care was and how Chiropractic could help all people live healthier, happier lives! Chiropractic is a conservative alternative to the mainstream medical model. Using no drugs or surgery but rather taking a natural approach to health, through Chiropractic adjustments to the spine and extremities, a person can experience an altered state of health and wellness. With encouragement from friends and family, Dr. Heath left the University of New Mexico to attend Palmer College of Chiropractic in Iowa. Since receiving his Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) degree in 2004, Dr. Alvidrez spent the last seven years in Arizona actively involved in helping many people to live healthier, happier lives through the benefits of Chiropractic care. He has recently relocated his family back to New Mexico to be an asset in the Albuquerque community. In his free time Dr. Heath enjoys spending time with family and friends and loves to revel in all the natural wonders that the great state of New Mexico has to offer!
Dr. Norman Toy, DC
My name is Dr. Norman Toy and I have been a licensed practicing chiropractor in the state of New Mexico since 1987 and held licensure in Colorado for several years as well. I have practiced in the communities of Farmington, Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Espanola and am happy to be on staff at The Joint since December of 2013.
I have a wealth of practice experience and I enjoy delivering chiropractic care which may include forceful, low force and non-force techniques, myofascial and trigger point soft tissue release as well as instruction in proper stretching, home traction. My personal bedside manner is laid back, compassionate, thorough and my byword is Loving Kindness. I enjoy a healthy sense of humor to cushion the stresses and demands of life and to energize my interactions with my patients and to help them shed the stresses of the day while they are on my table. My style of practice ranges from non-force , low-force to to more firm manipulation techniques depending on the requirements of my patients.
I have really enjoyed The Joint and the wellness concept which is front and center there. It is refreshing to be in a practice that welcomes walk-ins and makes Wellness through consistent chiropractic care affordable. My other passions are skiing, hiking with my year-old puppy Bodhi, playing in numerous local musical groups , sound design ,audio recording and post production for theatrical, video film and music productions. I look forward to serving you as your chiropractor at The Joint. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.
Dr. Barry Oglesbee, DC
Dr. Oglesbee received his doctorate degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa, in 1995. He is an Alumni member of the Delta Sigma Chi professional chiropractic fraternity, Alpha chapter. Prior to his chiropractic college training, he served as active duty US Navy for 7 years as a nuclear propulsion plant operator/electrician on the nuclear submarines USS George C. Marshall, and USS Pasadena in the 1980’s, at the rank of First Class Petty Officer (E-6).. He also holds a Bachelors of Science degree from the University of the State of New York, in Albany, New York, and a Bachelors of Theology degree from the International College of Bible Theology in Sikeston, Missouri. He is an ordained minister. Dr. Oglesbee and his wife Gail, a 30 year veteran ER nurse, have been married for 14 years.
Dr. Philip Bushman, DC
Dr. Philip Bushman first decided to pursue chiropractic after receiving treatment for a motor vehicle collision. He later followed his cousin’s and his chiropractor’s footsteps and pursed the chiropractic profession. He decided to stay in his home town, St. Louis, MO and received his training at Logan College of chiropractic.
He approaches chiropractic from a biomechanical stand point, focusing primarily on chiropractic adjustments, low tech rehabilitative exercises, and soft tissue releases. He also has a keen interest in health and wellness, so any questions are welcomed. If he does not have an answer, he will try to find it for you. He tends to be talkative and enjoys conversation during the treatment.
In his spare time he enjoys hiking and biking with his family, going the various markets in the summer and off-roading his truck wherever the roads end.
5901V Wyoming Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
The best way to contact us is via phone (see above), then email via email@example.com
Receive up to 4 visits per month
Best choice and lowest cost per visit for patients who visit more than 2 times / month. Typically best aligned with Doctor’s Treatment Plan. Month-to-month agreement required.
Additional visits only $10
- Cost per visit as low as $15
62% savings vs. single visit rate
- Youth (Under 18)
Additional visits only $10
- Cost per visit as low as $10
75% savings vs. single visit rate
Fixed number of visits. Expire after 12 months
Unable to commit to regular visits? Packages offer flexibility for patients who expect to visit 2 times or less / month.
- 20 Visits
- $20 cost per visit
48% savings vs. single visit rate
- 10 Visits
- $26 cost per visit
33% savings vs. single visit rate
- 6 Visits
- $30 cost per visit
23% savings vs. single visit rate
- Flexible pay-as-you go option
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Albuquerque chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- May 31, 2016SaraNo doubt your chiropractor has lectured you on the negative effects of sitting on your body and especially your back. For an activity that is so common, from driving to working to eating dinner, it puts a lot of strain on your back that can have a big impact on your overall health. Sitting also ...
- May 18, 2016SaraIt’s that time of year again – time for summer travels! While this is exciting and fun, it can also be a real pain – quite literally. Flying on airplanes or riding for hours in cramped vehicles can wreak havoc on your back while traveling. Here is what you need to know about how to ...
- May 11, 2016SaraRock climbing is one of the most exhilarating, push-your-body-to-its-limits adventures in the world! You’re conquering a mountain, after all. It’s a physically and mentally demanding sport and, just as with any sport, it has its risks for injury. Here are some of the more common rock climbing injuries and how chiropractic care can help you ...
- May 6, 2016SaraYou may think how you sit or stand (or even sleep) is all about looks, but it can actually have a big impact on your body and your overall health. Studies have shown the worse your posture the poorer your health may be. Here are just a few of the ways in which your posture ...
- April 27, 2016SaraWhen you think of low back pain, you probably think of its cause being rooted in some mechanical problem. Maybe you lifted something wrong and strained or sprained a muscle, or maybe injured it in an accident. There is one cause of back pain that can be a serious threat to your overall health and ...
- April 21, 2016SaraRosacea is a skin condition that is thought to impact 16 million Americans, according to the National Institutes of Health. While most people don’t associate chiropractic care with treatment of skin conditions, there’s a new theory emerging in the treatment of rosacea that the immune system could be at fault. Do you know what can ...
- April 15, 2016SaraWith so many people bound to suffer from back pain at some point in their lives, one of the big questions about back pain is “Why?” If you’ve not experienced an injury nor have some kind of degenerative disease, such as spinal stenosis or arthritis, what is the cause of your back pain? Here are ...
- April 8, 2016SaraSitting in front of your computer all day isn’t just bad for your back and neck; it’s bad for your eyes too. You may be thinking what kind of advice a chiropractor can offer about eye strain, but the truth is that chiropractic has more to offer about your overall health and the conditions that ...
- March 24, 2016SaraSleep apnea is a serious disorder that can make your sleep at night less restful and even dangerous to your overall health. If you’re looking for ways to treat your sleep apnea, you should speak with your chiropractor. They may be able to help treat your sleep apnea in order to help you get a ...