Welcome to The Joint – Albuquerque, Montaño! As your local chiropractor in Albuquerque, NM, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Albuquerque chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Tom W Martin, DC
A Kansas native, Dr. Martin has been a New Mexico resident for 22 years. As an undergraduate, Dr. Martin began his educational experience with a biology degree from Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas.
Afterward, Dr. Martin earned his Doctorate of Chiropractic from Western States in Portland, Oregon. He enjoys helping people achieve their optimum health by enhancing their natural ability to heal through chiropractic care.
Dr. Martin delights in developing an effective treatment plan for each patient and providing affordable and convenient chiropractic care without the hassles and limitations of insurance. He enjoys an active lifestyle of hiking, biking and walks with his dog. Reading and playing music are also some of his life passions.
Dr. Doug Meints, DC
Doug Meints grew up as a Navy junior, spending his early years in Japan and California and finishing high school just outside Tacoma, Washington. In 1973, he accepted a Presidential nomination to the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland and graduated four years later with a Bachelor of Science degree in oceanography.
Doug then attended Naval Flight Officer training, qualifying as a jet navigator. Between 1979 and 1983 he flew hundreds of hours from the decks of the aircraft carriers USS Constellation and USS Ranger with Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron One. The missions took him from the eastern edge of the Soviet Union, south to Australia and as far west the African Coast and the Persian Gulf.
Leaving active military duty in 1984, he attended Logan College of Chiropractic in St. Louis, earning his Doctor of Chiropractic in December of 1987. He then spent the next 26 years in private practice near Philadelphia, PA. In 2004 he became one of the first chiropractors to measure the effect chiropractic has on human performance, brain function and stress. He continues to study the brain and nervous system and applies that knowledge in day-to-day practice.
Friends and family finally convinced him he should return to the West (New Mexican food and sunshine helped) and, in 2013, he moved to Albuquerque for good. He is a private pilot, an animal lover and outdoorsman.
Dr. Norm Toy, DC
My name is Dr. Norman Toy and I have been a licensed practicing chiropractor in the state of New Mexico since 1987 and held licensure in Colorado for several years as well. I have practiced in the communities of Farmington, Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Espanola and am happy to be on staff at The Joint since December of 2013. I have a wealth of practice experience and I enjoy delivering chiropractic care which may include forceful, low force and non-force techniques, myofascial and trigger point soft tissue release as well as instruction in proper stretching, home traction. My personal bedside manner is laid back, compassionate and thorough and my byword is Loving Kindness. I enjoy a healthy sense of humor to cushion the stresses and demands of life and to energize my interactions with my patients and to help them shed the stresses of the day while they are on my table. My style of practice ranges from non-force, low-force to more firm manipulation techniques depending on the requirements of my patients. I have really enjoyed The Joint and the wellness concept which is front and center there. It is refreshing to be in a practice that welcomes walk-ins and makes Wellness through consistent chiropractic care affordable. My other passions are skiing, hiking with my year-old puppy Bodhi, playing in numerous local musical groups, sound design, audio recording and post production for theatrical, video film and music productions. I look forward to serving you as your chiropractor at The Joint. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.
Dr. Jeff Schnapp, DC
Dr. Jeffrey Schnapp is a native New Yorker, who moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1986. Dr. Schnapp maintains an unrestricted license to practice Chiropractic Medicine here in New Mexico. Dr. Schnapp completed his pre-medical education requirements for chiropractic college at the University of New Mexico. Subsequently, Dr. Schnapp matriculated to Logan University College of Chiropractic in St. Louis, Missouri, whereby he earned his B.S. degree in Human Biology,in 2003, and his Doctor of Chiropractic in 2005 concurrently. Upon his return to Albuquerque, Dr. Schnapp continued his education at the University of New Mexico, having earned his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), in Biomedical Sciences in 2011. As a result, Dr. Schnapp maintained a private practice in physical medicine specialty, and also maintained an academic appointment as Clinical Associate Professor at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine, until his departure in July 2014.
Dr. Schnapp maintains the working title of Regional Director for the Albuquerque area The Joint locations. Dr. Schnapp’s mission is to provide the highest quality of chiropractic care to everyone he comes in contact with.
6001 Winter Haven, Suite H
Albuquerque, NM 87120
The best way to contact us is via phone (see above), then email via email@example.com
Receive up to 4 visits per month
Best choice and lowest cost per visit for patients who visit more than 2 times / month. Typically best aligned with Doctor’s Treatment Plan. Month-to-month agreement required.
Additional visits only $10
- Cost per visit as low as $15
62% savings vs. single visit rate
- Youth (Under 18)
Additional visits only $10
- Cost per visit as low as $10
75% savings vs. single visit rate
Fixed number of visits. Expire after 12 months
Unable to commit to regular visits? Packages offer flexibility for patients who expect to visit 2 times or less / month.
- 20 Visits
- $20 cost per visit
48% savings vs. single visit rate
- 10 Visits
- $26 cost per visit
33% savings vs. single visit rate
- 6 Visits
- $30 cost per visit
23% savings vs. single visit rate
- Flexible pay-as-you go option
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Albuquerque chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- May 18, 2016SaraAre you spending the summer training for your next marathon or Ironman? Well, if you are, then congratulations! These contests aren’t for everyone. They take a lot of preparation and dedication to get them done, with a large dose of iron will thrown in! If you’re a distance runner and you don’t see a chiropractor, ...
- May 11, 2016SaraThe Olympics will be kicking off this summer in Rio – the culmination of years of hard work by amateur athletes. How do these athletes get in such great shape? Well, a lot of it is practice and persistence, but many Olympic athletes also choose chiropractic care. Natural Performance Enhancement The list of banned substances in the ...
- May 5, 2016SaraYou may not realize it, but your head is pretty heavy. Your neck ends up carrying quite a heavy load, and that load can be made worse by a few things over the course of days and years. Here’s what you need to be aware of to fight off neck pain and stiffness and how ...
- April 27, 2016SaraSo many people experience back pain at some point in their lives that you may have never wondered where it all begins. Maybe you think it’s just a natural process – that because you use your back every day you’re bound to experience back pain at some point. Well, that’s partly true. You do use ...
- April 22, 2016SaraOne of the most common questions chiropractors get is if patients will need to continue getting adjustments forever. People seem to worry that chiropractic is one of those things that once you start you just can’t stop, but that’s not necessarily true. Here’s what you need to know about seeing your chiropractor regularly and what ...
- April 13, 2016SaraSeeing your chiropractor regularly is definitely a step in the right direction when it comes to spine health, but don’t stop there! There are things you can change in your daily routine that will help to protect your spine and promote its health. Here are a few tips to keep that spine healthy between your ...
- April 7, 2016SaraDo you often feel like you just need a really good shoulder rub? Do you feel like you hold all of your stress on your shoulders? It’s not an uncommon complaint, even of chiropractic patients, to complain of shoulder tightness. The problem is that when your shoulders are tight it can lead to other problems ...
- March 24, 2016SaraAre headaches normal? If you wake up every morning with a headache, that is absolutely not normal! You may wonder if headaches are something that your chiropractor can help you with and the answer to that is a resounding yes! There are many types of headaches and many causes of them too, but your chiropractor ...
- March 16, 2016SaraSpinal injuries can be very painful and can also produce damage that could last a lifetime. This is why taking care of your spine is one of the most important things you can do. If you are physically active, you have to take even more care to prevent injuries to your spine so that you ...